Etabs is a refined and convenient special purpose analysis and design program developed especially for building systems. With its integrated system and the ability to handle the largest and most complex building models configuration, it assures:
- Powerful CAD-like drawing tools in a graphical and object based interface.
- Increased productivity of structural engineers in the building industry.
- Significant savings in time and efficiency over general purpose programs.
Why should you learn?
ETabs can help you convert your ideas into product designs quickly and effectively. It enhances your ability to learn the geometry of building systems. In ETabs, model creation and reporting of results are accomplished at the object level. It enables the designer to focus on macroscopic performance targets. ETabs is well equipped to handle simplified lateral procedures, Push-over analysis, Response Spectrum Analysis and Response History Analysis. The data output options are much more conducive to lateral design in special purpose software like ETabs. ETabs can also be utilized for handling large scale seismic projects including those that involve Non-Linear Modeling. It comes with libraries of various pre-built or pre-designed code-dependent formulations so that the user does not have to re-define basic parameters depending on the conditions.
- At CADD Centre, we will help you gain expertise in the following aspects of ETabs:
- Modeling: How to work with the physical member based objects and thus require less time in creation of the model and interpretation of the results.
- Concrete Frame Design & Detailing: Applicable to line objects and the program determines the appropriate design procedure when the analysis is run.
- Steel Frame Design & Detailing: How to detail the process using various design code algorithms for steel member selection, stress checking and drift optimization.
- Steel Connection Design: Design of steel connections is seamlessly integrated within the program.
- Composite Beam: Auto select-section property can be defined to composite beams to determine their sizes for analysis.
- Dynamic Analysis: Various options from response spectrum analysis to large deformation nonlinear time analysis.
- You will easily create models using objects and can understand the concepts when editing and creating complex models.
- You will be able to recognize story levels and be able to input building data in a logical and easy manner.
- You will be a productive, innovative, and communicative engineer, with an ability to work with people spanning different disciplines.
- You will create only one model of the floor systems and the vertical and lateral framing systems to be able to analyze and design the entire building due to the integrated system of ETabs.
- You can keep your design data and design intellectual property in graphics, tabular form or send it to a printer or export it to a database file or even save it as an ASCII file and manage them in a safe, centralized place. You can let your team collaborate with you at any stage of product development.